CMS-mode: FULL vs SIMPLE¶
For sub-conferences like workshops, typically it is sufficient to have only a track page with all the information about the call, important dates, the committee(s) and programme. For this reason, we introduced the SIMPLE cms-mode, where the configuration is simplified to only have tracks, and no separate home page, nor committees at the conference level. This reduces complexity in navigation for the visitors (a separate home page will often introduce additional navigation and duplicate content for small sub-conferences).
The CMS-mode can be set at the General Data manage-page of the conference.
In SIMPLE mode, you get:
- One or more Tracks with their own pages. These will be the landing pages for the subconference/workshop/symposium/...
- An Image gallery (at the conference level), useful for adding images, but other file types are also supported
- For each track:
- a Call for contributions
- one or more Committees (e.g. Organizing and Program Committee)
- ability to import/update items from HotCRP or Conference Publishing Consulting
- its program, with Sessions, and Events (e.g. talk) within a session.
- ability to add more free text items (“Additional Pages”)
- configurable badges
In FULL mode, you get everything from SIMPLE mode plus
- A separate _conference_ home page, with ability to add:
- News items
- Social Widgets
- Photo Carousel
- Ability to add another Venue
- Ability to add Attending Information items
- Committees at the conference level
- Ability to change styling (CSS) of the pages, and customizable footer